IPv6 Type 0 Routing Header issues

Tony Hain alh-ietf at tndh.net
Fri Apr 27 00:44:50 CEST 2007

Before you kill this off too quickly, James Woodyatt's proxy redirection is
a perfect example of a use for Type 0 Routing Headers. He wants the firewall
to redirect traffic through a designated point (what this header was
designed to do), and the only hammer at his immediate disposal was IPv6/IPv6
nat.

It is certainly reasonable to have a BCP that says 'these should be filtered
at policy boundaries unless there is a good reason to do otherwise', but
they are a tool to solve some very specific corner cases.

Tony