Multicasting

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Sat Apr 14 15:15:07 CEST 2007

Max Tulyev wrote:
> Hi All!
>
> Is there any good reading about multicasting over IPv6?
>
> I'm looking for something can be used for IPTV broadcasting, without
> huge modifications of existing network (linux routers, IGMP ready
> switches). What software can be used for IPv6 Multicast routing?

JunOS and IOS are apparently capable of doing that.

But if you only want to stay in software space, for Linux/BSD there is
ecmh & mrd6 which can help you out. XORP might by now also be capable of
doing some tricks. For the rest check http://www.m6bone.net and spam
their mailinglist, there are a lot of IPv6 Multicast clued people there
who definitely can help you out, also to get connectivity.

Greets,
 Jeroen