Ubuntu Linux - Suggestions needed

Mark Schouten marks at bit.nl
Tue Apr 3 17:18:23 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 17:32 +0300, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le mardi 3 avril 2007 13:22, Mikael Karlsson a écrit :
> > > I think Remi's proposal not quering for AAAA if you just have
> > > link-local should work. It also would be rather safe.
> >
> > Hmm, that would probably break zeroconf networks. But it would work
> > if just the dns resolving part and not mdns is disabled.
>
> Maybe not. (Assuming it works properly which I have not had time to
> check yet) the patch I posted yesterday will only disable AAAA queries
> when the application did NOT specify an address family explicitly, and
> if:

A fixed glibc with the following patch has been uploaded today:

14:30 < Mithrandir> Uploading to ubuntu (via ftp to upload.ubuntu.com):
glibc_2.5-0ubuntu13.dsc: done. glibc_2.5-0ubuntu13.diff.gz: done.
glibc_2.5-0ubuntu13_source.changes: done.

This glibc has the following patch in it:
http://err.no/patches/glibc-only-lookup-ipv6-if-it-makes-sense.diff

Mithrandir is Tollef Fog Heen, Ubuntu Release Manager.

--
Mark Schouten, Unix/NOC-engineer
BIT BV      | info at bit.nl | +31 318 648688