Ubuntu Linux - Suggestions needed

Remi Denis-Courmont rdenis at simphalempin.com
Tue Apr 3 10:13:33 CEST 2007

On Tue, 03 Apr 2007 13:11:45 +0800, Trent Lloyd <lathiat at bur.st> wrote:
> It's purely a function of totally broken DSL/Cable/Wireless/etc routers
> that do silly things when looking up AAAA records, to date I have seen
>
>  * Returning an A record of 0.0.0.1
>  * Timing out (not responding at all)
>
> I'd be interested to know if you seem the same thing with Vista/MacOSX
> on these broken devices.

Not personnaly, but in any case, MacOS X and Vista do not attempt any AAAA
querying unless a non-linklocal IPv6 address is assigned to the host.

I had reports MacOS X had an annoying bug that it would not refresh the
AAAA querying status automatically. So if you get IPv6 access at some point
in time, you need to restart the DNS resolution daemon.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net/