Ubuntu Linux - Suggestions needed

Roger Jorgensen rogerj at jorgensen.no
Mon Apr 2 22:24:22 CEST 2007

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Andrew Alston wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> In ubuntu linux feisty release IPv6 will officially be disabled by default
> at this point.  That is unless a solution is found within the next 48 hours
> to stop the problem of what they claim as slow fallbacks on non-v6 enabled
> networks.

Uh, I´ve only had problem with ubuntu on IPv6 enabled network with really
slow fallback to IPv4, none on IPv4 only network. It do sound to me like
there are something else that is broken the way ubuntu & co do things.
Never had any issues like this on any other machines, FBSD, old
installation with really old patches to get IPv6, Mac OSX, RedHat with V6
enabled etc... just acting wierd.