And now, for your regularly scheduled dose of broken ipv6 routing...

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Thu Sep 21 22:03:32 CEST 2006

On 21-sep-2006, at 21:28, Alexander Koch wrote:

>> (There is one side-effect explanation btw: filters, as the RIPE IPv6
>> block is announced as a /48, which is filtered by some, and accepted
>> only by the ones who can't care less. Thus quick solution: drop
>> the /48
>> and simply use the /32 towards SURFNet for super light speed
>> connectivity ;)

> How many people would kill me for giving transit to that
> /48?

Well, not RIPE itself apparently; from http://www.ams-ix.net/
connected/ :

"Will peer with any ISP who wants us to and who is connected to the
AMS-IX. We will only send AS3333. We will accept any routes people
send us, as long as this does not cause operational problems (i.e. if
you send us full routing, we will use you for transit)."