IPv6 PI block is announced - update your filters 2620:0000::/23

Mudassir Tufail (mtufail) mtufail at cisco.com
Fri Sep 15 23:34:46 CEST 2006

 it also says that "qualify for an IPv4 assignment or allocation from
ARIN under the IPv4 policy currently in effect"

That would mean if an organization has IPv4 address assigned (from ARIN)
today, they are "automatically" eligible for IPv6 address as well.

I thought that IPv6 PIs blocks were only for very restricted allocation
- so that we have a better address aggregation in the IPv6 core. This
(policy) is not in-line with better aggregation (much needed for IPv6)

Mudassir