New ARIN ipv6 allocation policies

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Wed Sep 6 15:08:04 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 08:39:32AM +0000, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> Perhaps three more things to think about that had been noted in this
> thread:
> 1) Why are we talking about 'details' like PI when it's not even
>    possible to get native IPv6 connectivity to an entire continent?
>    Is IPv6 really at the stage to be widely deployed for business
>    then?

There is some chicken-and-egg thing here.  Market demand is low, so
(still too many) ISPs ignore IPv6, so outreach isn't very good, ...

As long as enterprise customers don't seriously demand IPv6 connectivity,
things won't change very much, I'm afraid.  Enthusiasts already have v6...

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  94488

SpaceNet AG                    Mail: netmaster at Space.Net
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14      Tel : +49-89-32356-0
D- 80807 Muenchen              Fax : +49-89-32356-234