New ARIN ipv6 allocation policies

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Mon Sep 4 11:07:06 CEST 2006

Andrew Alston wrote:
>> Yes, those academic networks that think they can get by without paid
>> transit in IPv6 and then dump everything they can't move over peering
>
>> in those triple-continent tunnels are extremely annoying.
>
> I just have one question here, what about those places that wish to
> develop, wish to move forward, and have no OPTION but to tunnel

Those comments are not for those situations ;)

The following document describes how one should and should not tunnel:
http://ip6.de.easynet.net/ipv6-minimum-peering.txt

(yes, it dates from 2002, that is when quite a number of operators
already got smart and had decent IPv6 networks ;)

Greets,
  Jeroen