Microsoft Teredo server and 2001::/32

Marco d'Itri md at Linux.IT
Wed May 17 16:30:40 CEST 2006

On May 17, Anssi Porttikivi <Anssi at teleware.fi> wrote:

> Based on http://www.sixxs.net/tools/grh/lg/?find=2001::/32 (yes,
> 2001::/32 is routable at least somewhere)and
> http://psg.com/lists/v6ops/v6ops.2006/msg00064.html (yes, Windows can
> use it)I try to get global IPv6 connectivity from my laptop (XP SP2).
> The Wikipedia Teredo article confirms that there would be a public,
> globally available relay for 2001::/32 (in Italy)?
Yes, my own.
The traffic is tiny enough that it is not a problem, but it would be
nice to have some other relays for redundancy, since it's not even close
to be a production service.

> Does the Microsoft Teredo server support 2001::/32?. Generally, can the
> Teredo protocol client choose the prefix
You need to fix window to use the right prefix and a server which
supports it. http://www.simphalempin.com/dev/miredo/ has two files with
the registry keys you need to change.

--
ciao,