ASN's and Prefixes missing from IPv6 table

Jørgen Hovland jorgen at hovland.cx
Tue Mar 7 10:17:15 CET 2006

Hi,
I have no idea if this is the reason, I was going to investigate it first,
but where I am located the following started happening a few weeks ago:

I noticed a "bgp nuke" on a testbox of mine. Some bgp peer are most likely
sending crafted packet(s) because the testbox is not reachable from the
internet.
This testbox is running zebra (the old one which is vulnerable) and is doing
nothing but running zebra+bgpd, v4 and v6. The "nuke" causes the bgp daemon
to crash. It sometimes also crash zebra (happened one time). The plan was to
analyze the ip packets and trace the source of these nukes, but I
unfortunately haven't had the time. It keeps getting nuked every ~1-4 days
last time I checked.
It could just be a peer of ours and not a global phenomenon, so I wouldn't
assume anything except perhaps for that it is happening without their
knowledge (incompatible newly installed equipment crashing old ones etc).