The IPv6 Day: Bye 6Bone. Hi, IPv6 !

Bernhard Schmidt berni at birkenwald.de
Tue Jun 6 19:37:39 CEST 2006

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 05:14:36PM +0200, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

Hi Jordi,

> For "peer to peer" many times I have better connectivity with end-to-end
> IPv6 (6to4, Teredo), instead of using some intermediate servers with IPv4
> (assuming the usual situation where you are behind a NAT).

Would you please help keeping it that way and shutdown your Teredo
relay? I just tried various European servers through your relay, I get
100Kbps at max. The one at AS29259 gives me linerate (6Mbps).

More relays are certainly appreciated, but running those on an obviously
overloaded tunneled connection does not help IPv6 at all. Get your boxes
coloed in a decent facility with native connectivity, then people
listening to your sometimes annoying taskforces and announcements won't
see such a horrible performance associated with IPv6.

After all the funding by the EU there should be enough money to afford a
50EUR/month colocation :-)

> The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org
>
> Barcelona 2005 Global IPv6 Summit
> Slides available at:
> http://www.ipv6-es.com
>
> This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, including attached files, is prohibited.

Please don't send such long and superflous footers to public
mailinglists, thank you.

Regards,
Bernhard