6to4 strangeness

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Tue Feb 14 23:44:35 CET 2006

On 14-feb-2006, at 23:35, Bernhard Schmidt wrote:

> My guess is that they don't use the anycast address (maybe because
> it gets routed to Europe) but a hardcoded relay. Which is broken.
> Nothing more to say without a trace from their side.

Hm, maybe they use a Windows box to reach the 6to4 cloud? Those use a
somewhat interesting approach to determine their 6to4 gateway (to say
the least). But I think those usually end up targetting the anycast
addresses regardless...

I did notice that they talked about Internet2 a fair bit, and I seem
to remember that the US research IPv6 stuff isn't all that well-
connected.