New ARIN ipv6 allocation policies

Bernhard Schmidt berni at birkenwald.de
Thu Aug 31 20:02:32 CEST 2006

Hi,

> Probably the most interesting thing is "Proposal 2005-1" that allows
> for /48s to be assigned directly to end users, so filters are going to
> have to be opened up from /32s to /48s in general now.

I seriously hope that these PI /48s will be assigned from a large
dedicated allocation, so it should be enough to allow /48s in those.
Actually I can imagine that more operators will start filtering on /32
boundaries for regular PA blocks now since the PI/BGP multihoming issues
are sorted out.

Since I don't know the current state of affairs in ARIN land, do those
end-sites have to be ARIN members themselves? Are there
one-time/recurring fees?

Regards,
Bernhard