www.arin.net

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Mon Aug 21 23:29:10 CEST 2006

James Jun wrote:
> Doug,
>
>> This has been an ongoing problem for me as well, FWIW. I'm coming through
>> earthlink's tunnel:
>>

> Thanks for the note.  This appears to be a different issue, related to DNS
> entries.  There are two quad-A entries for www.arin.net with different
> addresses in place, so you will see routes taking back and forth in
> round-robin fashion.
>
> www.arin.net has address 2001:500:4:1::80
> www.arin.net has address 2001:440:2000:1::18

And thank you for taking the time to look this over. However I think you may
have been too hasty in hitting the SEP button. :)

It's not the fact that www.arin.net has two AAAAs that I'm concerned about,
it's that I couldn't get to either of them. An update on that, if I wait a
really long time (45 seconds to a minute), 'telnet -6 2001:500:4:1::80 80'
eventually succeeds (in spite of traceroute not being able to "see past"
arin-gw1). No such luck on the other address.

If there is anything else I can do to help you debug this, please let me know.

hth,

Doug

--
    If you're never wrong, you're not trying hard enough