IPv6 Peering at TorIX

Ross W roscoe.lists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 18:20:23 CEST 2006

> I'm not, but while managing another IX, some thousands of miles away in a
> different continent, i have a question... do you have a vlan in the IX
> only for IPv6 traffic ?

Initially it was setup with different Vlans, but in the end it was decided
to not be implimented that way, and was just done on a single vlan.  One
thing to note is that Torix is setup as a layer2 network, and therefore has
a bunch of port level security/filtering in place to stop pure chaos.  By
switching to a vlan based system, it broke a few of those tools leaving a
bigger headache in the end for all parties.

Of course, this causes headaches for those people that want a separate port
(ie: virtual one by using trunking) for their IPv6 infrastructure, but in
the end this is probably the better way.

Cheers,
  Ross.