Cisco 6500 IOS - IPv6 BGP Peering Image

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Tue Apr 25 16:20:45 CEST 2006

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 10:08:17AM -0400, Ross W wrote:
> We'll be coming online with IPv6 bgp transit from Teleglobe (tunnelled) as
> well as doing native peering at TorIX in the next little while into a 6500
> 720/3bxl box.
>
> But before we turn it on, the box is allocated for a software update from
> it's current 12.2.17dSXB7 (which has been stable) to something more modern.
> And this is where I'm curious if anyone has any good or bad stories with the
> IPv6 capabilities that they are willing to share about current IOS images
> that are available.

We're using 12.2(18)SXF2 on our Sup720/3Bs, IPv4 unicast+multicast,
IPv6 unicast, and "it seems to work well".  SXF has memory leaks and
other funnies.

Current SXF release is SXF4, which supposedly has lots of bugs fixed,
but I haven't tested that one yet.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  92315

SpaceNet AG                    Mail: netmaster at Space.Net
Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14      Tel : +49-89-32356-0
D- 80807 Muenchen              Fax : +49-89-32356-234