Filters

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Mon May 30 16:51:37 CEST 2005

On 30-mei-2005, at 15:52, leo vegoda wrote:

>> Why do you guys do this?

> Some people use this information when they use our raw statistics.
> Seeing as we store the information in the 'very raw' format
> internally, it's easy to help those people by reporting it in that
> format.

> We're reviewing the statistics we publish at the moment, along with
> the other RIRs. If you have a particular request, or set of
> requests, please let me know.

Ok:

I'm not sure if it's doable to make a list that has all allocations/
assignments with a startdate and an enddate, but if it is, I'd be
happy to have those.

For the overlapping prefixes, it would be good to have one or more
flags that indicate whether an address range is the one that counts,
or an additional, overlapping one.

(Hm, could be trouble when combining the above: when someone gets
1.1.0.0/17 and then a year later 1.1.128.0/17 making for a total of
1.1.0.0/16, what ends up in the database?)

Remember that it's easy to filter out stuff that is visible on a
single line, while it's hard to combine information from more than
one line (especially whether prefixes overlap) to draw conclusions.

Thanks,

Iljitsch