ipv6-ops Digest, Vol 2, Issue 9

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Thu May 26 13:32:40 CEST 2005

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 10:04:43PM -0500, Brent Sweeny wrote:
> To be practical, how can this be improved?

- get one/two decent upstream(s) with good coverage of US and
  especially EU. When that is in place, drop full table from
  APAN/KREONET2 as you cannot differentiate between commercial and
  R&E routes from them.

- make sure that all commercial routes are tagged ingress so that
  they'll never leak to any other commercial peers or transits.
  Don't send full table to commercial peers and upstreams, but only
  the set of Abilene member routes.

- try to show up on NYIIX, Equinix Ashburn, LAIIX and NOTA (you said
  you're there "via AMPATH"... is that L2 or thru some L3 arrangement?)

Those three things (even only the first two!) would improve the
situation _big_time_.

> We'd be happy to improve it.  Thanks for your suggestions.

Great to hear from you. I'm positive that this all gets sorted out.
:-)

Thanks for taking the time to engange in ipv6-ops.

Best regards,
Daniel