New RIPE allocations outside 2001::/16 - filter update time!

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Mon May 2 13:59:10 CEST 2005

On 2-mei-2005, at 12:18, Daniel Roesen wrote:

>> I guess there could be a middle ground for those who want a low(er)
>> maintenance version -- allow everything up to /32 or /35, and deny
>> the
>> rest (except maybe the special microalloc block).  ("Relaxed" allows
>> everything up to /48 which is quite a bit too relaxed for my taste at
>> least.)

[...]

>> That would encourage folks not to pollute the global routing table
>> with their more specifics.

> In my book, enduser multihoming is no pollution but as valid use as
> any
> ISP multihoming (PA agregates). I know you disagree, so we better
> leave
> it at that. :-)

I think it makes sense to differentiate between accepting /48s from
peers and accepting them from transits. I'd be happy to have a bunch
of /48s in my routing table that make traffic towards people within
the region flow more optimally, but I'm really not interested in /48s
from multiple timezones away.