IPv6 traffic metering

Kurt Jaeger lists at complx.LF.net
Thu Jun 9 16:06:58 CEST 2005

Hi!

> A simpler way is to use the firewall statistics in (for instance)
> ip6fw: just make specific "allow" rules for everything you want to
> measure and then issue "ip6fw show".

Two questions arise:

- Does it scale if one has to count approx. 2-3K objects ?
- This only counts.

For v4, we have some sort of hourly traffic matrices (which is
useful in case of backtracking problems). We'd like to use
flow data to be able to have this kind of backtracking
also for v6.

--
MfG/Best regards, Kurt Jaeger                                  15 years to go !
LF.net GmbH        fon +49 711 90074-23  pi at LF.net