3ffe:: - the demise thereof

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Mon Jun 6 18:59:51 CEST 2005

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 05:53:03PM +0100, Daniel Austin wrote:
> bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:

> >>As nobody has obtained 6bone space without agreeing to give it back, I
> >>really don't see an issue here.  Everyone that has 6bone space has
> >>agreed to the agreement.  It will be returned, it will be useless after
> >>6/6/2006.  No amount of screaming and kicking is going to change that
> >>and no amount of lawyers ;-)
> >>

> >>Thanks,
> >>

> >>--
> >>
> >>Daniel Austin,
> >>Managing Director,
> >>Kewlio.net Limited.
> >><daniel at kewlio.net>
> >

> >	your assertions are interesting. can you point to the text of
> >	said agreement and where the repositiory of -signed- agreements
> >	exists?
>
> They're not signed of course :)
>
> But that works from both sides - there's no signed agreement that says
> you have to give it back, but there's no signed agreement that says they
> have to let you have it or route it etc.
>
> It's all pointless anyway... what's the point of hijacking address space
> that nobody(or rather few people) will accept?
>

> Thanks,
>
> --
>
> Daniel Austin,
> Managing Director,
> Kewlio.net Limited.
> <daniel at kewlio.net>

	so... the mythic agreement may or may not exist.  there is
	a document that says the prefix should be depricated on
	a specific date.  So what.  there is a document from the
	same group that sez RIP is depricated too...  as to acecpting
	the prefix into your portion of the routing system, your
	perogative is to accept or reject any prefix - as is mine.
	if you chose to not accept prefixes from any source, for what
	ever reason, that is your choice.  claiming it is "hijacked"
	is disengenous at best and actionable at worst.  I received
	my prefix in 3ffe:: space from the IANA.  Why the IESG/IAB
	thinks it has the right to revolk that delegation is beyond me.

--bill