6to4 relay routers

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Wed Jul 27 16:33:14 CEST 2005

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, Joe Abley wrote:
> I see 2002::/16 is currently originated by a number of ASes, but (I think)
> often only towards customers, and not towards peers. I see a larger number of
> advertisements for 192.88.99.0/24. I don't see any public signs of
> coordination between the various people originating these prefixes.
>
> Anybody know if the various 6to4 relay router operators are coordinating
> their efforts in any way? We're happy to host a web page and keep it
> up-to-date if that seems like it might be helpful.

In RIPE region, you can do 'whois 192.88.99.0/24 at whois.ripe.net' ir
RFC3068-MNT and you see a number of folks.

There's also a mailing list for 6to4 operators that are part of that
RIPE record (the address escapes me at the moment), but during the
last year or so, it has only been used for spamming.

More coordination etc. would be good, but this seems to be a more
urgent matter in the North America area.